skip to main | skip to sidebar

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 9.0 [OLD VERSION] [Download]

Home Designer Suite 9.0 is the latest release from Chief Architect, the professional software design company and the software of choice by more builders, architects and designers. Home Designer Suite leverages the same professional quality from Chief Architect making it the most powerful and easy to use home design, remodeling and landscaping software.

An advanced yet easy to use set of tools for Home Design, Remodeling, Interior Design, Kitchens, Baths, Decks, Landscaping and Cost Estimation. Click to enlarge.
Glass House View provides a full translucent view of your design.Click to enlarge.
Create plot and perimeter plans; automatically generate a 3D model of your actual terrain. Click to enlarge.
Doll House View, a 3D overview without the roof, is an effective tool for space planning of furniture placement and traffic flow. Click to enlarge.
Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs.Click to enlarge.
Choose from over 1,500 plants with the Plant Chooser. Click to enlarge.
Design or Remodel Your Home Today!
Chief Architect Home Designer Suite provides a fun and an advanced yet easy to use set of tools for Home Design, Remodeling, Interior Design, Kitchens, Baths, Decks, Landscaping and Cost Estimation.
Powerful, Fun and Easy Home Design Software
  • Perfect for Home Design, Remodeling and Landscaping
  • Choose from over 1,500 Sample Plans
  • Choose from built-in home style templates, create your own custom home design or use the House Wizard
  • Powerful building tools like automatic roof generation, dormers, stairs, framing and foundations
  • Visualize your new Kitchen or Bath

Review Product

I'm new to architectural software. I was looking for something to visaulize a remodel of a house we're about to buy, to see how our furniture would fit, and to viualize artwork on the walls. The house I modeled is a square-ish structure with a daylight basement, dorma, two slab-based additions (screened-in porch and sun room), and a detached garage.

I initially tried [...] and paid them $75 to build the basic floorplan for me; however, once I tried to use it, it was a disater. I couldn't even figure out how to move from floor to floor in blueprint mode and the online help wasn't very good. Moreover the plans they supplied were wrong: they showed french doors instead of regular windows in the sun room. I e-mailed them about this and got no reply. ($100 wasted)

I then did some more research and downloaded a trial of Home Design Suite 9.0. I very quickly had my floorplan laid out and by the end of the day had most of our furniture installed, artwork containing my photography on the walls, and movies on the plasma tv's with scenes from my favorite movies.

The only negative thing is that I spent a couple of hours on the trial and got a lot of the floorplan completed, but couldn't enter the key I'd just purchased and save my work (the trial version cannot save, print, import, export, etc.). So I basically had to do it all over again.

The online help is great and there are a ton of online tutorial videos. I found answers to all my questions except 1 (adding driveways, sidewalks and roads) using the available online resources.

I plan to use it to remodel the kitchen, plan furniture layouts and to draw electrical plans for permits when we finally move.

There is a large tree in the yard of the house we are buying and I tried to find it in the plant library, but none of the trees in there were anything like it. Unfortunately, I know little about trees so I've no idea what species it is, but none of the pictures were anything close.

I highly recommend it. For under $100, it's a great deal. 




Price:$99.99




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

home decorating | shop decorating home Copyright © 2011 | Template created by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger